If you know anyone who needs help with food, housing, education, funding, investors, loans, grants, mental health support, and stress relief, please share the following resources:
Recommended Virtual Community Management Help
- Managing Your Virtual Community During the Coronavirus Crisis. Click here.
Emergency Supplies and Critical Resources
- Free Food, Health Assessment, Adobe Cloud, O'Reilly Learning - If you know anyone that is in need of help, please pass these resources along to them. Click here.
- If you or someone you know or love needs a #coronavirus #covid19 test, here's a way to get one without having to go through a ton of hassle. Paid test from Everlywell.
- Food, housing, education + other resources in Los Angeles. More help for Los Angelenos - COVID-19 Los Angeles Mass Resource List. Click here.
- 6 ways to break out of your next worry spiral + online parties from @NYTimes, @Lizzo and @Netflix. Click here.
- Stay informed. Here are some dashboards to keep track of the coronavirus/covid-19. Click here.
- Apply to Data 360 Growth Lab. Those who join and complete the program get up to $150K (and more) in software credits and up to $2 million in funding. Click here.
- Helping Women Rise: How Networks and Technology Can Accelerate Women’s Advancement Authors: Stacia Garr, Emily Sanders. Click here.
Grant Funding for All
Where can I find emergency financial resources to help with COVID-19 hardships?
- Grants for Nonprofits
- Grants for Individuals
- Grants for Artists (all disciplines)
- Grants for Small Businesses
- International Aid
Business Funding Help of All Types
For business funding help during the Coronavirus / Covid-19 crisis and beyond
- If you are looking for ways to get your company funded and back up and running, these are some great resources.
- More Emergency $$ Help - 45+ Free Software, Loans, Microloans, Grants, Information for Founders, VC Funding, Related Issues
- Learn more here.
Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Health and government officials are working together to maintain the safety, security, and health of the American people. Small businesses are encouraged to do their part to keep their employees, customers, and themselves healthy.
- Click here to learn more.
- The SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters.
- Click here to learn more.
Facebook's Grant Program
Here is a guide that we've published on LinkedIn about the Facebook grant program for small business that should give you everything you need to know to quickly get your application turned in. Good luck!
If you need to know the real deal about the Facebook grants program, here it is! Make sure you meet the geographic criteria as well as the size of your business. View the application guide to check everything before registering and applying!
We also recommend that you join Ureeka for mentoring, growth and other key support.
Ureeka is a Community where small businesses gain unprecedented access to the expertise needed to grow their business. They offer:
The Ureeka mission is to democratize economic opportunity by enabling community and by reducing the cost and risk associated with growing a small to medium business (SMB).
Our mission came to life when Ureeka’s three founders met while judging a pitch competition. We quickly realized that we shared a passion for helping small businesses grow. Unfortunately, the traditional paths of angel investing and board work weren’t having a significant enough impact on those that needed it most.
Ureeka enables unprecedented access for underrepresented SMBs: access to a collaborative community, shared best practices, and a specialist marketplace.
UpWork Work Together Talent Grants
We’re giving $1 million in talent grants to support businesses working to counter the impact of COVID-19. The Work Together Talent Grants Program is designed to support projects with missions directly tied to mitigating COVID-19’s devastating impact on individuals, communities, and economies everywhere.
Provide a brief description of your project and the talent your team needs to maximize its impact.
See the video and read more. Click here.
Apply here. Click here.
Thinkific $1 Million Entrepreneur Growth Fund
Get the funding, support and expertise you need to grow your business through online education.
Please make sure you are prepared to answer the following:
- In less than 300 words, tell us a bit more about your business and why you're applying for the Entrepreneur Growth Fund. How has your business been impacted by COVID-19?
Below is some information from the Thinkific team:
During this period of economic uncertainty, we could all use some help! If you're a new course creator, teacher, or small business that has just started using Thinkific, we have news for you.
We're investing $1 MILLION into eligible course creators who are starting their online business.
Nominate a fellow creator today to move their training online (and yes, you can nominate yourself)!
We know many businesses are looking for ways to stabilize revenue and go digital since the global pandemic. That's why we launched a program where we are committing $1,000,000 to help eligible entrepreneurs rapidly create and market online courses. Our goal is to boost momentum for entrepreneurs starting online businesses and see them succeed through the crisis.
We are matching eligible entrepreneurs who need help creating an online course with mentors to guide them through the process. We will fully cover the cost of these services. Here's an overview of what's included:
Apply to be included in the program using the form on this page.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does the program work?
If you're found to be eligible for Package 1 or 2, you'll receive email instructions for scheduling a kickoff meeting with your mentor.
Getting a course site up and running is the first step. We’ll cover the cost of hiring a mentor to help you build a beautiful site that is designed to connect with and convert your audience. No advanced tech knowledge or coding required!
Creating your course content
Not sure what content goes into a course? We'll pair you with an experienced mentor to take the guesswork out of the process! We’ll cover the cost of a consultation where they'll help map out your lesson plan, create your first pieces of content, and recommend the best formats to use.
Acquiring your first students
We’ll provide you with premium training on how to use digital ads to market your course. Then we'll give you the funds to set up your first ads at 50% off!
For every $2 you invest in paid ads on Facebook or Google, Thinkific will give you $1 in credit back.*
*to a maximum of $100 USD
What you get
Launching your first online course can be daunting. Based on your business and goals, we'll recommend your best next steps and fully fund one or all of the following support packages to set you up for success:
We’ll review your application and let you know your status and any next steps through email within a few days.
Frequently asked questions
I’m already teaching on Thinkific, am I still eligible to receive any of the Packages?
Yes! We’ll look at your current activity on Thinkific and qualify your application based on how much effort have you put into your business already, and what success are you seeing. The majority of support will be given to those new to courses or struggling from COVID-19.
I’m a successful course creator, how can I sign up to mentor new creators?
Click here to apply to become a mentor as part of this program. Note that we’ll review your current activities on Thinkific in order to qualify you.
Will I need to pay Thinkific back for the funding?
No! We’ll pay for the mentors to help you with no obligation for you to pay us back. This allows us to help our successful creators more (which we’re hoping you become one day)!
Have more questions? Reach out!
We here to help. Let us know if you have any questions at all by clicking on the live chat or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know an entrepreneur who could benefit from the program?
Nominate them today to receive funding and get started!
Nominate yourself or a fellow entrepreneur today who could benefit from moving their training online!
Small business owners looking to teach online for the first time. If you have an existing business or expertise, the program is designed to help you productize your knowledge through courses.
Entrepreneurs with existing courses. Have a course but need coaching towards profitability? You are also eligible!
Note: We'll prioritize funding towards those who have already put some effort into their online education business.
Am I eligible?
Funding and support are available for entrepreneurs who need help with building, launching and marketing a course.
To find out if you're a fit for this program, read below! To learn about other ways we're supporting businesses during the crisis, click here.
Course site and content creation experts. Are you an expert in course site set up, web design and development, curriculum design, copywriting, or graphic design? If you have experience with education products, you're eligible to apply!
Seasoned course creators
Do you run a successful online course and know what it takes to plan, build, and launch a course? We also want to hear from you!
To learn more about benefits and the process for mentors, go here. You can also apply to be a mentor!
How long will this program be available, when do I have until to apply?
We will be prioritizing applications on a first come first serve basis. We encourage you to apply today to increase the chances of you saving a seat in the program.
Get connected with a mentor to guide you through the process of shifting your business online with courses
Have these costs fully covered, no strings attached, plus ad credits to acquire your first students
Get all the support and tools you need to launch your course site, design your curriculum and create your content
Salesforce Small Business Grants
Salesforce will dole out 300 grants totaling $3 million — or $10,000 per grant — to small to midsize businesses in the U.S. Another $2 million in grants will go to companies overseas.
Businesses are required to complete an eligibility form when the application process opens and submit it within a week’s time. In California, SMBs can apply between 8 a.m. April 27 through 11:59 p.m. May 4.
Despite that this program has ended, stay tuned by getting on Salesforce's mailing list! There may be other opportunities. Go to the Salesforce Care for Small Business web page for more help including 90 days of free Salesforce Essentials.
Data 360 Labs Learning Portal is Live!
Data 360 Labs Learning Portal is Live!
Online webinars include:
- Everything you were never taught about building a great website
- What is SEO anyway? Why is SEO important?
- How to use social media for sales without a bunch of money
- How to handle a lot of customers with a very small staff
- Marketing automation systems for micro-enterprises and SMBs
- Sales automation systems for micro-enterprises and SMBs
- Planning for automation and AI for your new business
GUIDES AND STRATEGIES FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
[VIDEO] Webinar: Preparing Your Business to Navigate Coronavirus Disruption
Supporting and providing expertise to small businesses is what we do every single day, and we do it completely virtually. As companies around the globe are navigating how to adjust to Coronavirus news, we at Ureeka are ready and here to help you “Coronavirus-proof” your business.
The topics covered include:
- Best practices to prepare for the financial impact of a crisis
- How to prepare your business operationally to avoid major disruptions
- How to identify ways for maintaining, or even growing, revenue
- Key tips to successfully move your company to a virtual model
[VIDEO] Webinar: COVID-19 Recovery for SMBs
The COVID-19 pandemic has financially crippled small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), leaving many founders struggling to pay bills & employees. In fact, 51% of small business owners say their business will only be able to operate for 0-3 months and 67% are unsure how to access and apply for emergency funding.
This webinar will help SMBs assess your needs, identify funding sources in your geographic region and determine the appropriate capital for your business. More importantly, you will walk away equipped with the knowledge and tools to apply for emergency funding to help your business survive COVID-19.
[GOOGLE DOC - COPY TO USE] Covid-19 Response Plan Template
An extremely thorough template for internally communicating your response plan for COVID-19
[PDF] Covid-19 Employee Benefits
This easy-to-read comparison guide lists some of the most common COVID-19 scenarios that may occur with your employees and workers specifically and the benefits for employee or workers that may apply.
Female Founder School
We provide online programming, community, and mentorship for aspiring and early stage founders. Our Startup Program and FounderPass offerings will help you validate your business ideas and build the foundation for a successful company.
New workshop series starting on May 11 for aspiring founders and current founders.
Free Training, Hackathons, Remote Work and Traditional Jobs
These are great resources if you are searching for new training to get a job! Trusted by Google, Facebook, Netflix and more. Over 1 million students trained.
- FREE Shaw Academy Courses - Limited Spaces Available (Normally $59.99+)
- Learn more here.
10,000 free Codecademy Pro scholarships. Code Academy Scholarship for Students Affected by COVID-19
- Codecademy teaches millions of learners web development, mobile development, and data science skills. In the wake of school closures due to COVID-19, we’re offering 10,000 scholarships to Codecademy Pro for free to high school and college students across the world for the rest of the school year. Those students get access to the same features that every Codecademy Pro learner does: roadmaps to figure out what to learn, thousands of hours of courses and projects to learn programming and data science, and a community of supportive peers.
- Learn more here.
To contribute to global solutions, learn about the MIT COVID19 Challenge
- Build a solution for the COVID-19 crisis
- MIT is hosting a series of challenges to empower YOU to take action on the COVID-19 crisis. April 3, 4 and 5
- PROTECTING VULNERABLE POPULATIONS
- How to protect vulnerable populations from the effects of COVID-19?
- SUPPORTING THE HEALTH SYSTEM
- How to support hospitals with shortage of staff, supplies, and resources?
- Learn more here.
Resources to Get Paid - Job, Remote / Freelance Gigs and Hackathons
- If you are looking for work remotely, here is some info with additional links that may be helpful.
- 6 Steps How to Get a Remote Job in 2020 (This Weekend): Ultimate Guide
- 11 Companies That Let You Work Remotely
- Other Remote Work Links
- Job Help from Corporate Recruiters, Venture Capitalists and Hiring Managers
- 9 Hackathons to work on the Covid-19 crisis (including getting a new job and winning money)
OTHER RESOURCES (UNVETTED)
- From the Tech Industry, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Orange County
- COVID-19: Startup Resources & Insights from VCs, Investors and Other Notable Tech Luminaries
- Learn more here.
13 major hiring initiatives for traditional jobs - Here's who's hiring right now
- Blue Apron, The United States Postal Service, New Jersey and Los Angeles Sites, Instacart, CVS, Pizza Hut, Walmart, Dollar Tree, Amazon, Domino's, Medical Workers Needed, Other Grocery Stores, Aldi... Others are also hiring!
- Learn more here.
INSPIRATION AND MARKETING INFORMATION
- Marketing Examples #040 - The most creative Coronavirus company pivots
- Data 360 Labs Recommended Books
- [VIDEO] From Burbank Tech Talks: Taking Main Street Online: Ecommerce Strategies for Small Businesses
- Burbank Tech Talks Presentation: Marketing Basics from Marketing by Data
- Burbank Tech Talks Presentation: Taking Your Business Online by Networkfolio
- To get on the mailing list for Burbank's tech series email David Murphy at email@example.com.
Bixel Exchange Videos for Startup and Small Business Help
- All Bixel Videos Playlist (except SBA cand loan webinars)
- 3/24 Pivot, Balance And Stay Agile During An Economic Crisis!
- 3/24 Planning Financial Models, Revisiting Revenue Models And Fundraising Outlook In Today’s Climate!
- 3/25 Social Distancing, You Mean Being An Entrepreneur?
- 3/26 Email Marketing 101 by Shopify
- 3/27 Local Resources for Small Businesses
- 3/30 Investors are still investing! Austin Clements
- 3/31 How To Apply For SBA Disaster Assistance
- 4/6 Investors are still investing! Carmen Palafox
Free Meditations, Music and Stress Relief
Free Meditation Classes with Headspace
- Headspace is currently offering free meditation courses on their website.
- "These are part of a larger collection in the Headspace app — free for everyone — called Weathering the storm. It includes meditations, sleep, and movement exercises to help you out, however you’re feeling. It’s our small way of helping you find some space and kindness for yourself and those around you."
- Learn More
Free Resources from the Calm meditation app
- Without a doubt, many of us are feeling anxious as we navigate the uncertainty of COVID-19. We're feeling it too, and we wanted to share some of the tools we're using to take care of our minds and stay grounded.
- All of the resources on this page are free of charge — please share with anyone who might benefit.
- Enjoy this curation of content hand-picked to support your mental and emotional wellness through this time.
Self-Care + Resilience Resources in Response to Covid-19
We're posting these resources for you to add to your tools for you and your friends, family and colleagues. We've got several months to go before this pandemic is behind us and we head towards recovery.
These are resources for resilience and self-care that can help you cope with these challenging times. Check it out and share any tools that you have found that are helpful!
From the Nasdaq Entrepreneur Center:
Hear from Deepak why now – more than ever – it’s critical for entrepreneurs to cultivate & lean in to mindfulness
Deepak Chopra, world-renowned author and inspirational speaker, is known for decades of work helping people live a joyful and healthy life. With the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, Deepak sees three levels of response: how it affects us physically, mentally and spiritually.
For many entrepreneurs self care is last on the to-do list, feeling like a luxury that isn’t possible for them. And that’s on a good day; let alone a moment of crisis like you’re facing today.
Yet as an entrepreneur, you are your company, community, and family’s most valuable asset. Especially in this crisis.
We invite you to join us with Deepak live as he shares :
- Why mindfulness is needed for entrepreneurs in this moment
- How to cultivate mindfulness and well-being amongst fear and chaos
- How you can use mediation and mindful practices to build leadership and culture
- How to start today building a practice, or deepen your practice, even when it seems impossible
He’ll also discuss his company’s free 21-Day Meditation Challenge – Hope in Uncertain Times. This online journey will unlock the benefits of meditation in an easy and accessible way. Each 21-Day Meditation Experience focuses on a unique theme, offering deep wisdom, practical tools, and refreshing insights to help you better face challenges, grow, and evolve each day.
Watch the replay on Facebook - Founders' Leadership Series with Deepak Chopra LIVE (Click here)
Sign up for a free 21 day meditation experience (Click here)
From San Francisco based therapy service and mental health app Two Chairs
From Lindblad Expeditions, National Geographic
Virtual Music Lounge: Watch the REPLAY now
Enjoy the lively music of Trinidad at your leisure. Plus, find all other past performances in our archive. And don't forget to join us every Thursday in April at 4 p.m. EDT for more exclusive LIVE concerts from musicians around the globe—curated by our expedition ethnomusicologist, Jacob Edgar.
Press Play to Meet your Future Self! (Guided Meditation)
Listen to this “Still Lake” Guided Meditation to meet yourself 20 years from now, ask any questions you have and receive a gift! (a relaxing 20 mins)
Raging River Meditation
So in meditation, water is often a symbol for our emotions and can be a very powerful way to release negativity and stress. Try this meditation to calm the raging river of your life.
Click here to play the meditation.
See these free resources from Hay House.
We’ll get through this together.
As we stand together in this turbulent and unprecedented moment in time, it’s inevitable to feel a new level of stress and anxiety. We’re feeling it, too.
To help you deal with the uncertainty and channel your energy in a positive way, we wanted to be sure you have free access to these valuable tools — curated specifically to help you stay healthy, calm, and empowered.
Explore movies, podcasts, meditations, articles, and eBooks by Louise Hay, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, Suze Orman, and more.
All of these resources are free, so please share them with anyone who could use some additional support through this difficult time.
View Podcasts, Free Videos, Free eBooks & Online Courses, Coloring Books, Articles. (Click here)
From Change that Up
We can increase many capacities, but there’s nothing we can do to expand, save, or manage time. Time is a fixed resource—the number of minutes in a day, days in a week, and weeks in a year all tick away relentless in spite of our efforts to control it.
This is why we should instead focus on our energy. If we want to get more done, make a greater impact, and truly lead a life of significance, we need to increase our energy capacity. People who grow to their maximum potential don’t sit back and wait for things to happen; they go out and make things happen, and that requires energy.
Here are 5 ways to help you increase your energy capacity:
- Living in your “gift zone.” When you spend your time doing the things that you care about most, you will find yourself fully charged with energy. What are the activities that make you say, “I was born to do this?” That’s your gift zone. Spend more time there.
- Investing in family and friends. A life of significance is not about having more money and more stuff. It’s about spending time with and creating experiences and memories with the people you care about most. Who and what interactions fill you with energy?
- Adding value to others. Helping others is a huge energy booster. When we serve others by providing something that makes their day a little better, we enter what Ed Bastian calls the “virtuous circle”—we not only draw energy from having done something good for someone else, we also get an energy boost from their response. As Zig Ziglar said, “You can get everything in life that you want if you just help enough people to get what they want.” How can you add value to others?
- Investing in your physical health. There’s no question that taking care of yourself—nourishing your body with clean, whole foods, exercising regularly, and getting plenty of quality sleep—is essential to optimizing your physical energy capacity. And let’s face it, you can’t live up to your maximum potential if your health is a wreck—or you’re dead. What can you do to improve your physical health?
- Making room for God. Once we realized that we’re human, we’re flawed, and our capacity for energy and strength are limited, we developed a desperate daily dependence on God. Seeking Him and giving Him room to work in our lives energizes us in ways we can’t begin to describe. How can you better connect spiritually to tap into supernatural energy?
When we focus on increasing our energy capacity, we discover we can do more—even when our time is short.
Make Every Second Count!